Sunday, September 17th 12pm-6pm (10am-12pm for set up)
This Sunday, September 17th, we will be tabling at the Westcott Street Cultural Fair. We will be sharing a booth with our friends at the Syracuse Peace Council. We will be selling WCCNY, Green Light, and immigrant rights buttons made by members of the Workers’ Center, Zapatista coffee, t-shirts, and much more. We also need volunteers to help with set-up and hellp staffing the table. Set up will start at 10am and the fair ends at 6pm, so the we need coverage the following shifts: 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm, 4pm-6pm. Please email Nikeeta at nslade@workerscentercnyorg if you’re able to take a shift (it would be ideal to have 2 people per shift)! The proceeds from the sale will go to supporting our amazing worker leaders! Thanks in advance and we are going to have a great time at the fair!
- Take Action Now to Protect NY Farmworkers from COVID-19 (from the Worker Justice Center of New York)
- Chobani: Respect Workers’ Organizing Rights
- On the signing of the FFLPA, WCCNY calls on Chobani to step up!
- NY Assembly and Senate pass the Farmworker bill at last!
- Historic win for New York Farmworkers!
- Census 2020 Press Conference
- Central New York Counts! Census2020 Press Conference
- Tell Your Story Training
- Building Equity Together with the Urban Jobs Task Force
- Join us March 12 in Albany for Equal access to Driver Licenses for NY immigrants!